This digital baby thermometer is so easy to use. It will start measuring right away after you turn it on. Therefore, you should place it in your mouth or other opening for about eight seconds before turning it on. The screen will change during measurement. It is very fast yet accurate. Love the easy-to-read LCD display. It has different beeps to alert for fever.
I love that the company is 100% dedicated to customer satisfaction. The product is FDA approved. Comes with a LR41 type battery. This is a must have for Grandma’s babysitting bag.
Tip: When the temperature is below 93 degrees F, the screen will show "LO" which means Low.
How do take the temperature?
Answer: You can use it three ways:
- Used in mouth: Please close your mouth for 1 minute for stability of temperature, breath calmly through nose. Respiratory air would affect the accuracy of measure of your mouth. Eating, drinking or breathing cold air right before taking the temperature can result in inaccurate readings.
- Normal temp: About 98.6℉
- Used in anus of rectum: This is the way that can get the most steady temperature and suits for both infants and children. The sensor shall be inserted for 2~3 cm. Vaseline can be used for easier inserting.
- Normal temperature: About 99.7℉
3. Axillary Measurement.
- Clean the thermometer with a dry cloth and put it under the armpit. Press and hold in place with your arm. The temperature value of this measurement is not the most accurate. Not recommended for accurate measurement.
- Normal temperature: About 98.1℉
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe would be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."