by Stacey Kuhns
Easy But Delicious
As Americans know it, "pulled pork," descends from the delicious lineage of slow cooked meats. The slower and longer the cooking, the softer and tastier the product. This type of cooking has been popular from ancient times forward, as it renders tough meat deliciously easy to chew.
- 1 9-10 Pound Ham with Bone In
- 1 16 Oz Box Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 12 Ounce Bottle Dijon Mustard
- Spray Large Crockpot with Pam Or Other Cooking Spray.
- Cut Large Fat Portions Off Of Ham And Discard.
- Pour ¼ Cup Water In Crock Pot.
- Place Ham in Crock Pot (You May Have To Cut A Few Chunks To Get It To Fit. I Cut Off About 4 Chunks And Stuffed Them In Next To The Ham).
- Pour Last ¼ Cup Water Over Ham.
- Cook On Low 9 Hours Or Until Ham Can Be Shredded With A Fork (I Shredded The Ham While It Was Still In The Crock Pot).
- In A Bowl, Mix The Sugar And Mustard.
- Pour Mixture Over Ham And Stir So Everything Is Coated.
- Turn Crock Pot To Warm And Leave Everything In Another 15-30 Min To Combine Flavors.
Serve By Itself Or On Potato Rolls For Pulled Ham Sandwiches. Delish!